Artist for a Day (AFAD) – For Schools
Artist for a Day is a great introduction to Galaxy services! Artists are hosted by schools for one day in one location, during which they provide up to three 1-hour, classroom-based lessons and/or performances. Artist lessons are educational and curriculum-based. They are intended to explore an art form while making strong connections with other academic subject areas and their related PA Academic Standards.
Artist for a Day rates:
- $250 /day= 1 artist (up to 3, 1-hour lessons OR up to 2, 1.5 hour lessons w/ no performance)
- $250 /day= 1 artist in 1 performance (price doubles for 2 performances)
- $300 /day= artist in performance plus up to 2, 1-hour lessons
- $350 /day = Duo/Ensemble in 1 performance (price doubles for 2 performances)
- $450 /day = Duo/Ensemble in performance plus up to 2, 1-hour lessons
For information on specific Lessons and Performances offered by each artist, visit our Galaxy Teaching Artists page.
How to Reserve an Artist for a Day:
If you know the artist you would like to contract, contact them to discuss the Artist for a Day service and confirm availability. If not, we will help find an artist to meet your needs.
- Complete the Galaxy Services Request Form.
- The Galaxy coordinator will attend the Artist for a Day service and complete an evaluation.
- The CIU10 Galaxy program will invoice your business office.