- This event has passed.
CSinPA K-8 Virtual Pathway Cohort
February 1, 2021Free
Expand computer science (CS) learning at your school
A 100% virtual professional learning experience, the Pathway is designed to support K-8 educators to grow their CS capacity. This is an asynchronous Schoology course. Four synchronous checkpoints are built-in along the way. The course access code will be sent a few days before the February 1, 2021 start date.
Provided at no cost. Act 48 credit available.
No CS experience needed
The Pathway is open to any K-8 educator involved with computer science instruction, including:
- grade-level teachers
- content area teachers
- special education teachers
- English language teachers
- instructional coaches
While not required, it is recommended that schools engage with a team of 2+ educators to allow for collaboration throughout the Pathway.
Learn. Teach. Advocate.
Participants engage as learners, teachers, and CS champions (advocates) as they develop and implement a small-scale pilot project to expand CS access for students.
- Access and use the K-12 CS Framework and CSTA standards
- Initiate and reflect on a small-scale implementation pilot
- Recognize and create a plan to close equity gaps in CS education, specifically for students with disabilities and other historically underrepresented populations, such as students of color and female students
- Leverage community and stakeholder partnerships
- Articulate the need for CS in education and our communities
Cohort Module Sequence
|Module||Launch Date||End Date|