Please read before registering for a CPE CourseContinuing Professional Education (CPE) Courses
Our Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses are Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) approved credit courses. CPE courses are designed to meet the needs of educators. PDE’s policy requires 100% attendance/participation for credits to be earned. Course participants are expected to complete a course project. Participants must complete an evaluation at the end of the course.
CPE courses can be used:
- toward an educator's Level II certification (permanent certification).
- for a master’s equivalency.
- for a salary increase for educators (courses must comply with district policy).
- to fulfill an educator's Act 48 requirements. Act 48 requires professional educators participate in courses related to their area of certification or their current teaching assignment.
Registration Information/Payment for CoursesOn the left side of this page, please select the title of the course you wish to participate. Next you will find a course description, dates, times, location, cost, etc. along with a link to register online for the course. The CIU #10 does not accept credit cards . Please make check or money order payable to "Central Intermediate Unit #10" (Please see further registration details below.) Payment and/or course registration forms should be mailed to:
Central Intermediate Unit #10
Attn: Jeri Webster
345 Link RoadWest Decatur, PA 16878Please Read
- If registering online, please mail a check or money order (a separate check/money order is required for each course) made payable to “Central Intermediate Unit #10".
- If registering by mail, please print the registration form, complete and mail along with a check or money order (a separate check/money order is required for each course) made payable to “Central Intermediate Unit #10".
- If registering by telephone, please call Jeri Webster at 800-982-3375 or 814-342-0884 ext. 3030. Please mail a check or money order (a separate check/money order is required for each course) made payable to “Central Intermediate Unit #10".PLEASE NOTE:
Payment for the full cost of the course is due by the registration deadline date. Registrations and payment for courses received after the registration deadline date will incur a $15.00 late fee.
- Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations made after the registration deadline date.
- Full registration costs will be charged to those who register but do not attend the event.
- Full refunds will be processed if a course is cancelled or over-enrolled.
- Additional registrations may be accepted after the registration deadline date if space is available.
- The CIU #10 will not confirm each individual registration.
- Receipts for payment of course will be mailed after the completion of a course.
- Course credit(s) will be issued to participants once the instructor(s) confirms the participant attended the course (face-to-face) and/or participated in the course (online); completed all in-class and out-of-class assignments; signed in each day (face-to-face) courses; and completed an evaluation at the end of the course.
- Credits WILL NOT be issued to a participant repeating a course where they previously were issued credits.
- If you have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and need assistance with a course, please make your needs known when you register. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate you.
Questions concerning CPE courses or course registration may be directed to Jeri Webster at 800-982-3375 or 814-342-0884 ext. 3030; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Transcripts/Additional Course TranscriptsParticipants will be mailed two original transcripts, at no charge, for each course successfully completed. Upon request, an additional transcript may be mailed at a cost of $20.00 per instance. There is a $5.00 fee for each additional course letter requested after the first instance. To request an additional transcript, please send a letter listing the name of the course and the date the course was completed, along with processing fee, to the attention of Jeri Webster at the Central Intermediate Unit #10, 345 Link Road, West Decatur, PA 16878.