Supplementary Aids and Services (SaS) Consideration Toolkit
The Supplementary Aids and Services (SaS) Consideration Toolkit is a structured and facilitated process to analyze the instructional, physical, and social environment of a general education from the perspective of an individual student.
Purpose of the SaS
The intended outcome of using this tool is to identify a list of environmentally-referenced SaS to enhance participation and learning for a student with a disability in the general education classroom.
5 Step Process:
- Compile and organize information about the student
- Compile and organize information about the general education classroom
- Identify potential barriers to curriculum and instruction in the general education environment
- Identify appropriate supplementary aids and services strategies to eliminate barriers
- Decisions about which SaS to implement and how are made focusing on supports necessary for team members, consultants and related service personnel for effective implementation.
For On-demand SaS Facilitation Contact: