Refresher CPI Training
This workshop reinforces crisis prevention and emphasizes early intervention and non-physical methods for preventing or managing disruptive behavior, including CPI’s Personal Safety Techniques.
This standard refresher training is for individuals who are currently certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and are required to receive the annual refresher workshop to maintain certification.
The objectives of the Refresher training are to:
- review the program content
- find out what is or isn’t working for staff
- clarify any questions on how to apply the program information
- keep everyone focused on providing Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security.
Customized topics include:
- How to Set Limits with Students
- Managing Your Anger – Maintaining Your Professionalism
- How to Excel at Verbal Intervention
- Establishing Therapeutic Rapport
- Understanding Goals, Power, and Relationships
- Facing Conflict with Confidence
- Effective Documentation of School Incidents
- Fights at School
** Due to Covid-19 Concerns, our CPI training opportunities will be offered virtually until further notice.
April 29, 2021 (Virtual)
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
+ Asynchronous coursework completed prior to training date
Register Here (deadline 3/26/21)