PIIC Collaborative Coaching Network
CIU PIIC Mentors work with instructional coaches to focus on increasing student engagement and improving student achievement through the implementation of the PLN framework and other evidence-based literacy strategies.
Central Intermediate Unit 10, in partnership with the Pennsylvania Institute for Instructional Coaching (PIIC) will be providing monthly network meetings for instructional coaches. Instructional Coaching Network Meetings provide coaches with the opportunity to connect with other coaches to hone in on effective coaching strategies and develop new supportive techniques for educators.
In addition to monthly coaches’ meetings, coaches will be involved in embedded coaching support and professional development with the IU PIIC Coach Mentor.
The Coaching Mentors Responsibilities:
- Mentors work one-on-one and in small groups with coaches and school leaders to:
- Mentors provide one-on-one and “over the shoulder” support to coaches and other school leaders
- Mentors help all school stakeholders become members of communities of learning and practice
- Mentors help coaches plan and facilitate professional learning opportunities for their schools
- Mentors review documentation of coaching support to facilitate reflective practices and collaborative planning
- Mentors help coaches re-negotiate relationships with their peers
- Mentors and coaches coordinate interdisciplinary classroom and cross school/district visitations
CIU10 PIIC Coach Mentor:
2021-2022 PIIC Sessions:
December 17, 2021 – Centre County site
January 21, 2022 – Centre County site
February 11, 2022 – Centre County site
March 25, 2022 – West Branch SD
April 22, 2022 – Centre County site
May 20, 2022 – West Branch SD