2023 NHD Theme:
Frontiers in History: People, Places, Ideas
Region 5 Contest Information & Updates
Eligible Region 5 counties include:
Blair, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union.
Region 5 Competition Date and Location:
TO BE ANNOUNCED
PROJECT DUE DATE:
Projects must be uploaded to the registration system by the
WEBSITE LOCKOUT DATE:
Websites will lock for judging at 3PM on .
NHD Region 5 contacts:
NHD in PA State Coordinator:
NHD Region 5 Coordinator:
Dr. Dawn Hayes
CIU10 Director of Curriculum & Innovation
State Contest & Contact Information
Registration and Payment Information
Please read all instruction carefully. Contact Jeff Hawks if you have questions, concerns, or issues with registration.
- Teachers should register first. Use the link below to navigate to the contest page, then use the box in the lower right hand corner to create an account. After you create your account, you will have to log in to complete your registration. If your school is not on the list please let me know by emailing Jeff the name and address of the school.
- Students competing in the individual categories can register once their teacher is registered. For payment information, please see below.
- Students competing as groups should follow this procedure:
- Student 1 registers, creates the entry, and gets the entry key number from the ZFairs system.
- The other students register, and use the entry key number to link themselves to the project.
The ZFairs system allows students and teachers to generate invoices through the store. Teachers can generate invoices for students singly or in groups by going into the store and clicking on the students tab. Student can create invoices in the store under their own registration.
REGISTRATION FEE: $10 per student
Checks should be made out to the CIU10 and mailed to:
c/o Curriculum & Innovation Dept.
60 Decibel Rd, Suite 107
State College, PA 16801
Payment is required before the contest day.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO GENERATE DUPLICATE INVOICES. If you think you have done so, please contact Jeff Hawks.