About Our APSI
For almost a decade, the CIU 10 has held Advanced Placement® (AP) Summer Institutes at Bellefonte Area High School in Historic Bellefonte, PA; offering AP courses to new and experienced teaching professionals from around the country.
Teachers who do attend an AP Summer Institute should be able to:
- Understand the Course
- The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP Exam.
- Plan the Course
- Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills.
- Teach the Course
- Effective instructional strategies help students to develop a mastery of course content and skills over time.
- Assess Student Progress and Understanding
- Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback.
Since becoming a College Board® endorsed provider, the CIU 10 has offered the following courses:
- Art Studio
- Calculus AB
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- Micro/Macro Economics
- Physics 1 Algebra Based
- Spanish Language and Culture
- United States Government and Politics
- United States History