Social-Emotional Learning and Character Development SeriesCost: $50 per training day or if they register for all 3 Days $130Day 1: October 30th
Day 1 lays the foundation and is designed for the person who will provide direct instruction of the SECD competencies in a classroom, small group or afterschool setting. The focus is on the theoretical underpinnings of SECD as well as the research behind it, specifically:
Day 2: Nov 13th
- Defining social-emotional learning (SEL) skills
- Defining character education and how it relates to SEL
- Sharing the importance of social-emotional competence and character in school and in life
- Exploring research that supports SEL and character education in schools
Day 2 focuses on the actual methods and applications of best practices in the area of SECD. Regardless of the social-emotional and/or character development program currently being implemented (if at all), participants will become better equipped to implement a wide range of SECD instructional and implementation methods, specifically:
Day 3: January 7thDay 3 focuses on SECD Networking and implementation Check-In.Participants will:
- The role of emotions and emotion regulation in student success
- What effective SECD instruction looks like
- Creating an SECD-friendly classroom or group culture/climate
- Evidence-based SECD practices
- Integration of SECD into the curriculum
- Participants will then deliver/implement SECD practice(s) into their setting
- Share their SECD delivery experience
- Problem-Solve implementation issues
- Creating an SECD PLC or Core Team
- Discuss career readiness and identify key SECD competencies
- Implemention of SECD school-wide and/or district-wide
For more information please contact: Christine Sanker - email@example.com
CIU 10 Professional Development Policy
- Registrations made after the registration deadline may incur an additional $15.00 processing fee.
- Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations made after the registration deadline.
- Cancellations must be made by writing and through the ELRNR registration system. https://ciu10.elrnr.org/default.aspx
- Full registration costs will be charged to those who register but do not attend the event.
- Professional Development Hours will not be issued until payment is received.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education's policy requires 100% attendance of the event for Act 48 Hours to be earned. At the start of each event, a roster will be provided for participants to sign in. Everyone attending a CIU 10-sponsored event must sign in to confirm 100% attendance. Anything less than 100% attendance (and confirmation thereof) will forfeit Act 48.
- If you have special dietary needs it is your responsibility to contact the individual listed on the training description/notice at least one week before the training.
- By registering for training/meeting you are giving permission for photos, video and use of information concerning the event to be used by Central Intermediate Unit 10