2020 National History Day:
Breaking Barriers in History
Eligible Region 5 counties include:
Blair, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union.
Region 5 Competition Date and Location:
Friday, February 28, 2020
Snow Makeup Date: March 20, 2020
Lock Haven University - Main Campus
401 N. Fairview St., Lock Haven, PA 17745
Registration will be held in Rogers Gymnasium.
Check In Time: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Registration fee: $15, includes lunch.
Teachers, parents, and other guests will be able to purchase lunch in the Lock Haven University dining facility during the contest.
Registration for the NHD in PA Region 5 Contest at Lock Haven University on February 28, 2020 is now open.
Please read all instruction carefully and contact Jeff Hawks if you have questions. We are using the ZFairs system for Region 5 for the first time, so please let Jeff know if you run into problems so he can clear them up as fast as possible.
- Teachers should register first. Use the link below to navigate to the contest page, then use the box in the lower right hand corner to create an account. After you create your account, you will have to log in to complete your registration. If your school is not on the list please let me know by emailing Jeff the name and address of the school.
- Students competing in the individual categories can register once their teacher is registered. For payment information, please see below.
- Students competing as groups should follow this procedure:
- Student 1 registers, creates the entry, and gets the entry key number from the ZFairs system.
- The other students register, and use the entry key number to link themselves to the project.
The ZFairs system allows students and teachers to generate invoices through the store. Teachers can generate invoices for students singly or in groups by going into the store and clicking on the students tab. Student can create invoices in the store under their own registration.
Payment: Checks should be made out to CIU10 and mailed to:
c/o Diane Hubona
345 Link Road
West Decatur, PA 16878
PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO GENERATE DUPLICATE INVOICES. If you think you have done so, please contact Jeff.
For more information, contact NHD in PA State Coordinator Jeff Hawks at email@example.com or 717-258-1102
For more information, contact NHD Region 5 Coordinator Diane Hubona at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is open to the public.