How to Identify and Combat Bullying In Our Schools
CPE Course #20110226
October 22 - November 22, 2019
Registration deadline for this session is Ocotber 15, 2019. Payment must be received in the CIU #10 office on or before Ocotber 15, 2019. Late fee of $15.00 will be charged for payments received after Ocotber 15, 2019.
Course DescriptionThe United States Department of Education and Education Secretary have identified bullying and bullying prevention as a major need in our schools. The goal of this 3 credit course is for each participant to have a written action plan for proactively managing their communication with parents and caregivers.This course, which lasts approximately 30 days, will be completed strictly online using the Moodle platform. The instructor for this course is Joshua Stein with Stein Business. Pending receipt of payment, participants will receive an email from Stein Business containing their log-on information the night before the course begins.Participants who successfully complete all requirements of this course will earn Three (3) PDE Graduate Level Credits, equal to 90 Act 48 Hours.Participants will be able to:
- assess personal beliefs towards bullying.
- learn specific definition of bullying.
- develop a written plan for dealing with bullying and harassment in their school setting.
- analyze the diversity of their student population.
- define ralational bullying.
- proactively develop responses to common situations that may arise in school.
- learn to identify subtle bullying behaviors.
- develop a logical argument to define how Cyber Bullying works.
- develop ways to deal proactively and effectively with bullying in their population.
- identify the victim, the bully and the bystander.
- defend with research using article reviews for bullying prevention.
Graduate Level RequirementAct 48 requires 42 hours of instruction plus 48 hours of out-of-class activity including a course project. Participants' out-of-class assignments include but are not limited to:
- read the book Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World. Write a 1-3 page synopsis of the book.
- create and write an action plan for proactively and effectively dealing with bullying in your setting.
- write a 3-5 page typed and double spaced reflective essay about what you learned or have relearned from this course.